30 November 2010

Please, Do Not Read the Following:

 "IM IN UR BLOG. BLOWIN UR MINDZ."

Employ restraint, scholars.


It is important, y'all, to give credit where credit is due, even if you didn't realize you were stumbling toward a conclusion that had been deftly mounted and broken in long before your time. It has been pointed out to us that Roland Barthes sorta-kinda wrote a way better version of my Girl Talk post way back in 1967. Whoops. I'm sure that I studied this at some point, forgot about it, and reinvented it while I was in hyperspace. That's the magic of higher education. I stand by my Girl Talk post; it was a lot of fun to write. I admire Barthes' work, but find it sorely lacking in Wookies. Really, this just adds to the validity of the whole shebang. This blog will return to its regularly scheduled programming shortly. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home